Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Welcome to the 200-Proof Liberals Blog—Successor to Bleeding Heart Libertarians

By Ilya Somin - June 16, 2020 at 10:19PM

Earlier this month, I lamented the end of the Bleeding Heart Libertarians blog. I am happy to say that several of the scholars previously associated with BHL have now started a new blog: 200-Proof Liberals. Participants include BHL veterans Jason Brennan, Jessica Flanigan, Chris Freiman, Fernando Teson, and Kevin Vallier. Perhaps others will join in the future.

There are already several interesting posts up. I especially like Kevin Vallier's post on "Small Government and Effective Government," Jess Flanigan's on "Equivocation About Classical Liberalism," and Chris Freiman's on "Paternalism and Policing." I am sure there will be more to come!

I am glad to see that these important voices will continue to be part of the blogosphere. For reasons I noted in my post on the closure on BHL, they are needed now more than ever.



Read Entire Article Here: Reason Magazine Articles

via IFTTT